The purpose of this post is to help us let go of things and then build us up in the Lord.
Before we begin, please refer to this blog post about what a SOC is:
Hint and tip: When you do these two SOCs today, if you are moved to journal fast, and for that time period, about something else, do that. Then, start the SOC prompt over and see what happens.
Now that we know what a SOC is, let us:
- Take 10 minutes to 15 minutes (or, by all, means more, if you are led, which is always suggested) and do a SOC beginning with, "Lord, I..." For instance, "Lord, I am so tired." Or, "Lord, I keep thinking about..." Fill in the blank. You get the idea. Make sure to stay in the mind frame and heart space of prayer as you do these. Go ahead. Do these.
- Repeat, but begin with, "Lord, You..."
JOURNALING QUESTIONS AND PROMPTS AFTER THE TWO SOCs:
- Did this help you shift from worries and bothers to what really matters, which is the Lord and everything about Him?
- Journal about what happened during these two journaling prompts.
- What did you learn?
- What jumped out at you?
- What have you let go?
- How have you shifted from self to focusing on the Lord?
- How are you more focused now?
Hint and tip: Do these prompts together whenever you need to refocus or when you are feeling heavy or burdened. Do these whenever you need to realign your priorities to what is right. After all, your life's priority (God and His Word) always trumps anything of this world.